Create Column for Blackboard 9.1 is used to create a column where you would enter manual grades such as attendance or an assignment completed where a link was not automatically created in the Blackboard 9.1 Grade Center.
- Select Create Column. This option is used if you want to create a column where you will manually enter grades.
- Required fields for you to enter are Column Name and Points Possible
- Other choices to make at this time would be: Primary Display (choose Score which is default; Text; Letter; Percentage; Complete/Incomplete); Category (if you plan on weighting grades by category, this is important to choose); Due Date (students see this in their My Grades view)
- Under Options, you have three choices to select: Include This Column in Grade Center Calculations; Show this Column to Students; Show Statistics
- Once you’ve created your grade column, click Submit to save your changes.