Create Calculated Column for Blackboard 9.1 is used to create a column where you would want to add a column in the Grade Center to total, average or weight your grades.
- Select Create Calculated Column. This option is used if you want to create a column where you will have Blackboard 9.1 calculate an Average, Minimum/Maximum, Total or Weighted column.
- Required fields for you to enter are Column Name.
- Other choices to make at this time would be: Primary Display (choose Score which is default; Text; Letter; Percentage; Complete/Incomplete); Category (if you plan on weighting grades by category, this is important to choose).
- Next select what columns you wish to include in the average. You achieve this by using the Select Columns and Categories option. The grade center columns and categories will appear on the left side. You move over the columns/categories clicking on the item you want and using the arrows to move them over to the selected columns list. Once you have made you’re your selections, Select Yes or No if you want the column to calculate as a Running Total. If Yes is selected, all assignments without a grade will not be added to the calculations. If No is selected, all assignments without a grade will be added to the calculations as a zero.
- Under Options, you have three choices to select: Include This Column in Grade Center Calculations; Show this Column to Students; Show Statistics.
- Once you’ve created your grade column, click Submit to save your changes.