To add Groups, follow the steps outlined below.
- Log into Blackboard and select the course that you are teaching.
- In the upper right corner ensure that the Edit Mode is set to ON. If not click Off, to toggle it to ON.
- Navigate to the course Control Panel and click on the down arrows to the left of Users and Groups to expand the Users and Groups. Then click on Groups.
4. Hover over the Create Single Group menu and select the desired option: Self-Enroll- Allow students
to sign-up for the group. (See directions for Manual Enroll at step # 10.)
5. On the Group Information screen, enter a Name for the group (required field) and a Description.
6. Select Yes or No to make the group available to students. Because this is a Self-Enroll group, you may choose to make just the sign-up sheet available.
7. Under Tool Availability, check the tools that you wish to make available to the students in this group.
8. Under Module Personalization Setting, check to allow students to personalize their group module page.
9. For Self- Enroll, at Sign-up Options, enter a Name (required field) and any Instructions.
A. Enter Maximum Number of Students allowed to sign up for this group. Leave this blank if there is no limit on the group size.
B. Check Show Members if you wish to allow students to see the names of the other members of the group before signing up for the group.
C. Check Allow Student to Sign-up from the Groups Area to allow student to by-pass any adaptive release rules in other content areas and to access the sign-up sheet in the Groups Area.
10. For a Manual Enroll group, move student’s name from Items to Select box to Select Items box by clicking on the student’s name and then clicking the right arrow between the two boxes. To move several names at once, hold down the Ctrl key and click on each name to be selected. To un-select a name, click on the name in the Select Items box and then click the left arrow.
11. When finished click Submit.