Wikis are a tool used to create a collaborative space within the course where all students can view, contribute, and edit content. Course Wikis are created by the instructor and any course member can add pages.
To add a Wiki to a content area, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into Blackboard. Select the course.
- Click on the content area (Syllabus, Course Information, Assignments, Course Documents, etc.).
- With Edit Mode on (If Edit Mode is Off, click on Off to toggle to On.), hover the mouse over Add Interactive Tool to get the menu. Then click on Wiki.
- On the Create Link: Wiki page, select Link to the Wikis Page and click Create New Wiki.
- On the Create Wiki page, enter a name for the Wiki and provide instructions.
- In the section Wiki Date and Time Restriction, make the Wiki available by selecting Yes and set any date/time restrictions.
- Select Wiki Participation and Wiki Grading Settings. Wikis are usually used for students to be able to create and edit pages so the default setting is Open to Editing. Choose Closed to Editing if you only want your students to be able to view the Wiki content and not edit it.
- Select Grade and enter the number of Points possible. Once a Wiki is set to be graded, a column will be created for it in the Grade Center. It is permanently gradable and cannot be set to No grading.
- Click the Submit button when you have finished creating your Wiki.
- Now Create a Link to the Wiki you just created. Click Submit when selected.
- Type the Link Name and description of the “link” to the Wiki which will become your Wiki assignment prompt.
- Your wiki is now created!
To download this tutorial, click here: BBWikis!