Adding a Video
Use the Video content type to add a video to show on the page. The video player will appear directly on the page. Set the height and width options to display the video at the right size, and include a transcript for those that cannot see or hear the video.
To add video to a content area, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into Blackboard. Select the course.
- Click on the content area (Syllabus, Course Information, Assignments, Course Documents, etc.).
- With Edit Mode on (If Edit Mode is Off, click on Off to toggle to On.), hover the mouse over Build Content to get the menu. Then click on Video under Create.
- Select what file you want to download using either Browse My Computer or Browse Content Collection or Browse Mashups to select the file to attach and specify a name for the link to this file.
- Enter a name for the document into the Name field. (This is a required field.)
- To change the color of the name, click on the down arrows and select color. Then click on the apply button.
- Select your Video Options. Autostart will play the file when the user opens the page. Loop will put the video on continuous play.
- To make content available and to set other options, go to Options.
- A. Select Yes or No for Permit Users to View Content Item. In order for students to access the item, Yes must be selected.
- B. Select Yes or No for Track Number of Views.
- C. Select Date and Time Restrictions as desired. If you only want the content available for a specific time, be sure to also check Display Until and put in the date that you want the content to cease to be available to your students. Leaving this box unchecked leaves the content always available. Ignore this section if you want content continuously available.
- Click Submit when finished.