Adding a URL
A URL is a shortcut to a Web resource. Add a URL to a Content Area to provide a quick access point to relevant materials.
To add a URL to a content area, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into Blackboard. Select the course.
- Click on the content area (Syllabus, Course Information, Assignments, Course Documents, etc.).
- With Edit Mode on (If Edit Mode is Off, click on Off to toggle to On.), hover the mouse over Build Content to get the menu. Then click on URL under Create.
- Enter a name for the document into the Name field and the URL to the URL field. (These are required field.)
- Add any supporting text to Description.
- Add any supporting Attachments.
- To make content available and to set other options, go to Options.
- A. Select Yes or No for Permit Users to View Content Item. In order for students to access the item, Yes must be selected.
- B. Select Yes or No for Track Number of Views.
- C. Select Date and Time Restrictions as desired. If you only want the content available for a specific time, be sure to also check Display Until and put in the date that you want the content to cease to be available to your students. Leaving this box unchecked leaves the content always available. Ignore this section if you want content continuously available.
- Click Submit when finished.