Adding a Syllabus
A Syllabus is an outline of a course of study. It can contain course information, objectives, instructor contact information, assignments, class meeting dates, textbook information, and more.
To add a Syllabus to a content area, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into Blackboard. Select the course.
- Click on the content area (Syllabus, Course Information, Assignments, Course Documents, etc.).
- With Edit Mode on (If Edit Mode is Off, click on Off to toggle to On.), hover the mouse over Build Content to get the menu. Then click on Syllabus under Create.
- Add in a Syllabus Name and Select Create New Syllabus.
- After Selecting Next, The Syllabus Builder will prompt you to add in information to 3 Predefined headers. Description, Learning Objectives, and Required Materials. These headers can be changed.
- Select the Design for your Syllabus. These Styles add a watermark to the background of the syllabus.
- Add in lesson shields if desired.
- Select Submit to publish and preview your syllabus. You can Add Lessons from here and also go back and edit your syllabus if needed.