Adding a Blank Page
Blank Pages are a tool that creates a separate page away from all other content. While it works similar to an Item, the contents do not display on the main page.
To add a Blank Page to a content area, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into Blackboard. Select the course.
- Click on the content area (Syllabus, Course Information, Assignments, Course Documents, etc.).
- With Edit Mode on (If Edit Mode is Off, click on Off to toggle to On.), hover the mouse over Build Content to get the menu. Then click on Blank Page under New Page.
- A new page opens up to allow you to add in content. Start by adding in the page name.
- Add in any text Contents.
- Select what files you want to attach to the page (if any) by using either Browse My Computer or Browse Content Collection to select the file to attach and specify a name for the link to this file. (This is much like attaching a file to an email.).
- To make content available and to set other options, go to Options.
- Select Yes or No for Permit Users to View Content Item. In order for students to access the item, Yes must be selected.
- Select Yes or No for Track Number of Views.
- Select Date and Time Restrictions as desired. If you only want the content available for a specific time, be sure to also check Display Until and put in the date that you want the content to cease to be available to your students. Leaving this box unchecked leaves the content always available. Ignore this section if you want content continuously available.
- Click Submit when finished.