Adding an Assignment
To add an Assignment, follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into Blackboard and select your course.
- Select the content area where you want to place the assignment and click on that navigation button. (examples – Course Documents, Course Information, Assignments, or other content area)
- Make sure the Edit Mode is ON. (If Edit Mode is Off, click on Off to toggle to On.)
- Hover your mouse over Create Assessment. Then click on Assignment.
- Complete Name ( a required field) and Instructions for the assignment.
- If needed, Attach File. (This is much like adding an attachment to an email.) Complete Grading by adding the total Points Possible for the assignment. (This is a required field.)
- Set assignment Availability. To limit availability, click on the box next to Display After and Display Until. Include dates and times. (Click on calendar and time icons for assistance.)
- If desired, set provision for submission of Late assignments. By entering a due date here, you can override your availability dates and any assignment submitted after this date will be marked as late in your Grade Center.
- Select Recipients.
- Click Submit when finished.