The course menu appears on the left side of a Course and contains links to content and tools within the Course. The instructor can add and edit course Content Areas, Tool Links, Course Links, URLs, and Module pages to the Course. The appearance of the Course Menu can be changed by adding Subheaders and Dividers to organize the Menu Area.
- Log into Blackboard
- In the upper right corner ensure that the Edit Mode is set to ON. If not click Off, to toggle it to ON.
- Once Edit Mode is ON, you’ll notice editing tools next to each Menu Item. You can use the arrows on the left to drag each menu item to reorder them. The chevron (drop down arrow) on the right of each menu item allows you to RENAME, HIDE, or DELETE that menu item. Be aware if you DELETE, all the content contained in that area of the course will also be deleted.
- Across the top of the menu are icons which give you additional editing capabilities.
The icons are: Create Item (which gives you the following drop down list;
List View (which is your standard view);
Folder View (let’s you view the menu in Explorer style with expandable folders);
Display Course Menu in a Window;
Reorder Menu Items(which gives you another way of reordering instead of dragging).
- Make the desired changes to your menu using the tools.
- Click the Submit button and toggle EDIT mode off when you’re finished.