Fall 2017 Training Guide
Click on the image below to view the Fall 2017 Training Guide.
Workforce Credentials Grant (WCG) Provides Funding for Non-credit Training Leading to an Industry Credential
Workforce Development at Wytheville Community College will be offering financial assistance to students participating in training and certification in one of the approved programs.
Who is Eligible to Enroll?
You are eligible to enroll in a WCG program and receive funding if:
- You are a Virginia-domiciled resident
- You are not enrolled in a bachelor's or associate program
- You have met Selective Service requirements
Currently Approved Programs
- Nurse-Aide Program - Total Program Cost: $999 / 150 contact hours (Student pays $333 at registration)
- Truck-Driver Training Program - Total Program Cost: $4,500 / 312 contact hours (Student pays $1,500 at registration)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding/MIG - AWS Structural Steel Certification Training - Total Program Cost: $3,500 / 80 contact hours (Student pays $1167 at registration)
- Students will be expected to pay 1/3 of the tuition up front
- Regular attendance and participation in all classes
- Successfully pass certification requirements / testing
- Providing WCC Workforce Development with a copy of the earned credential
What if I can't afford the first 1/3 of the tuition?
Additional funding may be available through Fantic (Financial Aid for Non-credit Training Leading to an Industry Credential) for those students who meet eligibility requirements. Students who qualify would only pay 10% of the student's up-front cost.
Required documentation for this funding includes:
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rent receipt, housing contract, preprinted bank statement, voter card)
- Proof of age (Drivers license, passport, birth certificate, or State-Issued ID)
- Proof of household income (Option 1: SNAP Card, TANF Card, or documentation of SNAP or TANF eligibility / Option 2: No-one claiming you as a dependent & attach a copy of IRS Tax Transcript)
Contact the Workforce Development Office at (276) 223-4820 or email@example.com.
Apply & Register for Classes
Do you know your student ID number? If not, contact us before completing the online application. You will need your ID to complete it. Click here to apply online. https://apply.vccs.edu/oa/launch.action.
Workforce Non-credit Refund Policy
In non-credit classes, full refunds will be given if a course is cancelled or if a student withdraws three days prior to the course. In order to receive a refund, request can be made in writing, by phone at (276)223-4717, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workforce Non-credit Application / Registration