What is the Academic Resource Center?
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) offers a variety of academic and student support services to include:
- The WCC Testing Center - a secured, proctored testing center for both WCC and Non-WCC course testing, as well as placement testing
- Pearson VUE Authorized Testing Center
- The WCC Career Center - offering a variety of materials designed to assist students in making academic and career choices that affect future employment.
- Over 20 computers for general student usage
- Academic advisors and counselors who are available to assist with academic advising, disability services, veteran support, transfer assistance, and referrals to community agencies.
- Tutoring in most general education subject areas
Who can use the Academic Resource Center?
The ARC is open to current and former WCC students. Computers in the ARC are reserved for WCC students. The WCC Library does have computers available for public use.
Where is the Academic Resource Center?
The Academic Resource Center located on the Main WCC Campus on the bottom floor of Bland Hall, Room 100.
When is the Academic Resource Center open?
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
What services are available in the Academic Resource Center?
- FREE in-person tutoring in many general education subject areas
- Smarthinking free online tutoring assistance
- Blackboard Collaborate online tutoring assistance
- For more information, please contact: Gerald Goad, Testing, Tutoring, & Student Activities Coordinator: email@example.com, (276) 223-4714
- All individuals must present a photo ID in order to take any assessment at a WCC Testing Center
- Students must leave all personal belongings (including cell phones) secured in a locker prior to entering the Testing Center
- No books, notes, or other materials allowed in the Testing Center (unless authorized by the instructor)
- No food, drinks, or tobacco products allowed in the Testing Center
- Students should arrive at the testing center early enough to allow time to finish the test at least 15 minutes prior to closing
- No visitors allowed in the Testing Center (including children)
- For more information, please contact: Gerald Goad, Testing, Tutoring, & Student Activities Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, (276) 223-4714 or click here.
- Job seeking skills workshops
- Resume assistance
- Career assessments
- Contact: (276) 223-4739