What is the Academic Resource Center?
The Academic Resource Center (ARC) is a place on campus for students to go who need tutoring assistance, academic and/or personal counseling, or other assistance with their academic studies. The ARC is staffed by tutors, counselors, and staff who are available to work with each student on an individual basis, or in small groups to help students become more successful in their academic programs. Over 20 computers are also available in the ARC for student use.
The WCC Career Center, located in the ARC offers a variety of materials designed to assist students in making academic and career choices that affect future employment. Students will also find a wide range of computerized interest inventories which may be administered and interpreted by the college’s Career Counselor at no cost to students and alumni.
Also located in the ARC is the WCC Testing Center and the Pearson VUE – Authorized Test Center. These testing centers administer tests for WCC courses and programs, as well as testing through Pearson testing services.
Who can use the Academic Resource Center?
The ARC is open to current and former WCC students. Computers in the ARC are reserved for WCC students. The WCC library does have computers available for public use.
Where is the Academic Resource Center?
The Academic Resource Center located on the Main WCC Campus on the bottom floor of Bland Hall, Room 100.
When is the Academic Resource Center open?
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- 1st & 3rd Saturday of Each Month 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
What services are available in the Academic Resource Center?
- FREE In-person tutoring in many subject areas
- Smarthinking free online tutoring
- Contact: Gerald Goad, Tutoring Coordinator: email@example.com or (276)223-4714
- Always bring a photo ID
- No belongings (including cell phones) allowed in the Testing Center unless the instructor has given approval
- Lockers are available to store personal belongings while testing
- Allow enough time to complete your test at least 15 minutes prior to closing
- Contact: Donna DeHaven, Testing Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or (276)223-4707
- Job seeking skills workshops
- Resume assistance
- Career assessments
- Contact: Jenny Buchanan, Career Counselor: email@example.com or (276)223-4754